Goals of Measure M
- Ease traffic congestion, improve freeway traffic flow, and reduce bottlenecks.
- Expand rail and rapid transit system; accelerate rail construction and build new rail lines; enhance local, regional, and express bus service; and improve system connectivity.
- Repave local streets, repair potholes, and synchronize signals; improve neighborhood streets and intersections, and enhance bike and pedestrian connections.
- Make public transportation more accessible, convenient, and affordable for seniors, students, and the disabled; and provide better mobility options for our aging population.
- Earthquake-retrofit bridges, and keep the transit and highway system safe and in good working condition.
- Embrace technology and innovation; incorporate modern technology, new advancements, and emerging innovations into the local transportation system.
- Create jobs, reduce pollution, and generate local economic benefits; increase personal quality time and overall quality of life.
- Provide accountability and transparency; protect and monitor the public’s investments through independent audits and oversight.